Most people go through times in their life when they feel down in the dumps – it’s a normal part of life. But when these feelings take hold and it becomes increasingly difficult to shake them off then they can have a spiralling effect leading to more extreme feelings of hopelessness, emptiness, loneliness.
If you can identify with any of the following, then you may want to consider seeking some help:
- You have ongoing feelings of hopelessness
- You often feel tearful, for no apparent reason
- You find it difficult to focus or concentrate for any length of time
- You feel constantly sad
- You have difficulty with sleeping
- You no longer have an interest in other people’s lives
It is not unusual for somebody with depression to find the thought of tackling their depression as overwhelming. This can be a symptom of the depression you are living with. However, talking to somebody about your feelings can help you reframe your negative thinking and lead you in a more positive direction.