What Information Do We Collect?
We will collect personal information such as your name and contact information (address, email address, phone number). Depending on the service you are accessing – dietetic serves or personal therapy – we may also ask you to provide information relating to personal circumstances, professional or educational experience where relevant. You will be asked at the point of assessment to consent to the gathering and storage of your data.
The Surrey Centre will:
· Hold your data securely and only use it within the organisation.
- Not share any of your data with a third party unrelated to our clinical work and our duty of care in the protection of the public
· Use your data to contact you by email, post, telephone, or text messages as appropriate
· Only contact you on dietetic, personal therapy matters and to update you on clinical practice, unless you have expressly indicated you wish to receive other contact.
What this will mean for you as a Surrey Centre Client:
Before the commencement of your assessment session here at The Surrey Centre you will be asked to consent to the following:
Your data (contact information and assessment information) will be shared in the first instance clinical manager, operations director with the administration team for scanning and safe, password protected storage. From there this data will be shared with the therapist or trainee therapist to whom you have been allocated. In the event that the allocated therapist (or trainee) cannot find a mutually suitable time for therapy the data will be transferred back to reception and allocated to another therapist. The data is usually shared in hard copy but there will be some cases where the information needs to be shared electronically, for example where you, the client, have elected to see a therapist who is not based at The Surrey Centre. In these cases, the data will be password protected. This information will be held by The Surrey Centre for 7 years from the date of your assessment.
Subject Access Requests
Anyone whose personal information we process has the right to know:
- What information we hold and process on them
- How to gain access to this information
- How to keep it up to date
- What we are doing to comply with the GDPR
They also have the right to prevent processing of their personal data in some circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information.
Individuals have a right under the Act to access certain personal data being kept about them on computer and certain files. Any person wishing to exercise this right should apply in writing to:
The Operation’s Director
The Surrey Centre
Church Lane, Headley, Epsom KT18 6LS
The following information will be required before access is granted:
- Full name and address
- Relationship with The Surrey Centre
We may also require proof of identity before access is granted. The following forms of ID will be required:
- Recent proof of address eg Utility bill
Queries about handling personal information will be dealt with swiftly and politely.
We will aim to comply with requests for access to personal information as soon as possible but will ensure it is provided within the 30 days required by the GDPR from receiving the written request and relevant fee.